Find a way to follow RDM!

Twitter Facebook RSS Community

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

She's Home

English: Water filled ditch Water filled ditch...
Image via Wikipedia
I finally get a day off that isn't filled with running, going and doing.  Ok, so I have stuff to do this evening, but right now, I'm just kicking back and trying to enjoy a relaxed morning.

Mom is home from the hospital now and she has nurses and technicians in and out daily.  This morning, someone is coming to draw blood.  Tomorrow, someone else is coming to install a machine in the kitchen that she can weigh on and test her blood pressure daily.

She came home Friday night while we were at work and it's been good to have her home.  It's taken some adjusting, and she isn't at full-strength, but I'm just happy to come home and see her sitting in her chair in the living room again.  It was getting hard to come in and out every day and see it looking so empty and forlorn.

Dad's still struggling with good days and bad days, but Mom, as always, takes the brunt of it.  I think she's just relieved that she got to come home and he was still here.  There were a few days that we were afraid we might have to seek outside help, but we managed to get through it.

Tonight, we go for our 2nd orientation (the actual volunteer orientation).  I was supposed to go get an eye exam and some glasses today, but that's not going to happen.  After the orientation, I'm not sure what we're doing, other than maybe going to see our BFF.

Tomorrow is my birthday though.  I'll  be 37.  Yeah, I said it.  40 just seems to loom closer and closer on my horizon.  What happened to 30???

Life is moving along.  I did go yesterday to the herbal store and picked up some new medicine.  So far, it seems to be helping.  That's always a good thing.

So that's it for me today.  I wish I had something more exciting or entertaining to share, but right now, I just can't think of anything.

Love, light and happiness....until next time...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment