Find a way to follow RDM!

Twitter Facebook RSS Community

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back To Basics


I think a lot of women reach a point in their lives, after the children are grown and off living their own lives, when they take a look around and go “WTF? Is this really my life??”
Well I’ve hit that place.
I’ve been married twice (this time for 16 years), raised a daughter, and done absolutely nothing with my life for myself.
It seems like my whole life has been lived for others. First, for my parents, then for my daughter and two husbands.
Recently, I realized that as I close in on 40, I’m still living my life for others.
My husband now is one of the few people in my life that even comes close to knowing the real me. He’s always known my true dreams. The only thing I ever really wanted to do.
Recently, he’s started pushing me to go after that dream. To pursue my passion. Gotta love him for that.
I guess by now, you’re wondering what my passion is, right?
Animals.
I’ve always been an animal lover. While my friends were dreaming of being astronauts, doctors, presidents, I was dreaming of being a vet.
Unfortunately, the closest college for that is in another state, and we’re not willing to relocate, but 2 of the local technical colleges offer courses to be a vet tech, and that’s good enough for me.
I haven’t enrolled yet since I’m sorting out a few other complications in my life first (like getting our own place again), but I’m hoping to be in the fall classes this year.
Animals will be something I talk about a lot on here. My own (when I get my own place again where I can have them), other people’s, rescues.
School will also be a hot-topic once I get in classes, I’m sure.
I’ll also talk about my past, my husband whom I love endlessly, my daughter, my family and my current dead-end job.
I’m sure I’ll participate in a few memes as well and I might even share some recipes.
All of the things that define who I am, who I’m becoming. All the moments that are redefining my life.
Love, light and happiness…until next time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment