Find a way to follow RDM!

Twitter Facebook RSS Community

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Glad that's over

So it was another insane weekend in my own personal hell.  My job!

Friday wasn't too awful bad, and passed somewhat quickly.  Saturday, on the other hand, was horrible!  Two people called out and none of the managers thought we needed to replace them.  That left me and an my buddy that trained me, with one guy that hasn't been there long and a new guy that transferred from another store.  Unfortunately, although the kid seems nice enough, he seemed to have one speed, and it was just a notch above full-stop.

To top it all off, they kept sending my buddy to bus tables, which pretty much left me and the two other guys to try to keep up with everything, and it was busy!

Add to that the fact that I think I have a cold (AGAIN) and my favorite piece of man-hide had to work all day, all weekend, and it made for a very long weekend.

Also, our tax check has not come yet.  That's added another layer of stress since we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck and we missed time from work due to mom being in the hospital and my dad completely freaking out for a whole weekend.  Money has been non-existent.  I mean, can't even afford a cup of coffee non-existent.  If it weren't for our best friend, Double-D, I don't know what we would have done!

Today wasn't quite as horrible as yesterday since we apparently had the opposite problem from Saturday, and were over-staffed.  I got cut early, which is a blessing since Man-Hide has to open in the morning.

Right now, I just want rest and coffee.  And yes, I do drink coffee at night.  It doesn't have the effect of keeping me awake like it does some people.

English: This is Fred, and he is inside our co...
Image via Wikipedia
Man-Hide is playing his video game for a bit while I blog and play a little WoW.

Tomorrow, we're hoping the tax check comes since the website now says that our taxes have been processed.  We can hope anyway.  Either way, Man-Hide has work and then tomorrow night, we have our orientation at the Humane Society for our volunteer hours.  I'm truly stoked about that!

Due to my cold and work, I haven't been able to get to the hospital to see Mom.  She's mostly doing ok.  We're waiting for the results of the liver biopsy to come back and they're doing blood and plasma transfusions daily because they said that something was wrong with her blood.  She did say that she had trouble breathing last night when I called her this morning and that she was back on oxygen, but I'm hoping that's temporary.

Well, that's about all I have time for tonight.  My hands are still aching from a weekend of washing pots, lol.

Love, light and happiness...until next time!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment