Find a way to follow RDM!

Twitter Facebook RSS Community

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Adjusting

So, our first day, and a work day st that, in our new home. L & D have been kind enough to open their doors to us and give us somewhere to regroup.

Last night we got here after work and I was disoriented. I did what I always do in such a situation and began cooking and cleaning. By the time they git home, the kitchen was clean and a pot of spaghetti sauce was simmering on the stove.

One of our co-workers, and a mutual friend, stopped by to visit. We all talked and laughed for a few hours. It was a nice change to the completely anti-social atmosphere of where we've been.

By 2:30 am, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I feel into a dead, dreamless, sleep and didn't know anything else till almost 9 am. With my insomnia, that's quite a stretch.

This morning, I awoke feeling more rested than I have in months!

I won't lie and say that a small part of me doesn't feel guilty for being the first to go, but my heart, mind, body and soul need to start healing. It's over anyway, so why prolong it?

The stress isn't over yet, I know. We still have to get our stuff and I'm sure there will be guilt involved, but I know I still have Man-hide and good friends and at the end of the day, I have peace.

Until next time...love, light & happiness

1 comment:

  1. Try not to let the guilt get you down, Mama.

    Look at it as a fresh start on things.

    As always, here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete